Customers do not make one decision to buy – they make a series of decisions during the buying process. To secure a sale you need them to say “Yes” at each decision point!
When someone gets in touch with you, they have already made several decisions –
1) Have I identified a problem, issue or challenge? If yes, then
2) Do I want to do something about it? If yes, then
3) Do I put time and effort into finding the answer? – if yes, then they search or ask until they find your business.
This is when the buying process starts – and again, there are several decisions they have to make:
1) does this business offer something that meets my need? If yes, then
2) can I afford the time, money and effort? If yes, then
3) do I need to do this now? If yes, then
4) is it easy to buy? If yes, then
5) do I understand this? If yes, then
6) is this the best solution to my need? If yes, then
7) how do I buy it, how long will it take, what help do I get?
To secure a sale, you need to understand the thought process that your prospective customer is going through, what decisions they need to make and when they make them.
The process will vary according to what type of product or service you offer, and whether you are selling to a consumer or business.
Take some time to write down what decisions your prospective customers will need to make during their buying process with you, and think about what evidence or information they will need at each decision, then make any changes needed to your website or marketing material.
If you have an accountant, they should be your first stop for business advice. If you don’t have an accountant or they can’t help, BuBul has a wide range of experts available. For more advice, follow BuBul on LinkedIn.